Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Deja Dead

Title: Deja Dead

Author: Kathy Reichs

Genre: Mystery/Suspense/Thriller

Brief Synopsis: Deja Dead is the first installment in the Temperance Brennan series. The lead character Tempe Brennan is a Forensic Anthropologist who splits her time between Montreal, Canada and Charlotte, North Carolina. She works with for the coroner studying bones. She starts assisting the police making connections in cases which she believes is the work of a serial killer. The police don't believe her so she starts trying to prove she's right, and to prevent another grisly murder. But meddling in the work of a potential serial killer puts Tempe and her friends and family in danger.

Comments: I love this author. Kathy Reichs rocks. I have read 6 other books in the series (10 total) and they were all awesome. Deja Dead is the first in the series (I read out of order--not too important). All the books in the series are very fast paced and definitely keep me glued to it until the end. This was one of the more...gory...books. There are all these graphic murders happening in Montreal and Tempe has a feeling they're connected. One of the reasons I love this series is because they are so accurate. Kathy Reichs is a real life Forensic Anthropologist so you get a real insight to that profession. I seriously didn't think I was going to like this Genre in general and now I'm positively in love with the books. Oh and the Fox TV show Bones is based on the books. But I'll warn you they are verrrry different. Pretty much the only thing that's the same is her name and the profession. But I seriously recommend these books. I am completely hooked!

Classify: Exciting, Educational

Worth Reading?: Yes definitely. While not considered a classic, it's really fun to read, and you still learn about Forensics which is really interesting--to me at least!

Did you find this book particularly easy or difficult?: Well...it makes you think about the outcome and what's going to happen, plus there's some French which isn't always completely translated so you have to deduce what it's saying (nothing important). But no not particularly easy or difficult.

Would you read this again?: Once I have seen the plot revealed with books like these I don't typically read them again, but I keep reading more in the series, I positively love them so I think that's a testament to how good they are.

How long did it take you to finish?: I started Saturday afternoon and finished Tuesday morning.

Great books!!

Kendal <3

No comments: