Title: Wuthering Heights
Author: Emily Bronte
Genre: Classic
Brief Synopsis: Told from the perspective of a servant, Ellen Dean, the entire life story of an orphan, Heathcliff, who was brought to live with the Earnshaws. A story of obsessive love and its consequences.
Comments: I had heard that this book was really good, and when I look back on it, it was. I never get to really enjoy these books because of the pressure of having to do a book evaluation on them. It's a little confusing with switching back from past to present, but it is a captivating story.
Classify: Not too long, well written, will keep your attention
Worth Reading?: Yes. It is a classic, and it is really good. I recommend it, but not if you have to rush to read it. It's god if you take your time and really read it.
Would I read this again?: I think I will, but not for a while. One reason being that I have about 8 books I have to read before it, but other than that I just want it to sink in a little more and then reread it.
How long did it take me?: Like always, with no time to read, it took me awhile. But if I had more time, I think it wouldn't have taken so long. It's about 280 pages, so its pretty short.
Did I find it particularly easy or difficult?: There are a good number of names to remember, but it's not terribly hard. It's an easy read if you keep everything in line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh wow I want to read it now! I have a bunch of books to read also so I'm also feeling pressured! I guess I'll try reading it a bit later! Ahh soo much to read, I'm really glad it was good though.
Post a Comment