Title: Witch Child
Author: Celia Rees
Genre: Historical Fiction, Drama
Brief Synopsis: A young girl, around fourteen, loses her grandmother to witch trails in England. She gets 'rescued' and is shipped off to the new world, the americas. Life is hard and trying in the puritan town miles away from Salem, but in the mist of it all, she befriends an indian boy named Jaybird. This leads to suspicion in the town and a new trial is soon formed, for her. The book leads off into the sequal 'Sorceress'.
Comments: It's a great book. Mary is the ideal 'true witch' that was randomly found in early american witch trials. It definitly depends on your knowledge of the witch trials and how much tolerance for history you have.
Classify: It's about 254 pages long and it only took me two days to read. It can be challenging in some ares but other than that, it's flat out easy.
Worth Reading?: Yes, definitly.
Did I find this book particularly easy or difficult?: It was easy.
Would I read this again?: Yes, and I have.
How long did it take me to finish?: Around two days, balancing school, friends, etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read that book about two years ago. I really enjoyed it, but i haven't read the sequal. That may be something I have to do.
Post a Comment